Friday, April 21, 2017

Look at Those Dresses, Look at that Card!

As You Like It  has a challenge going this week and I decided to enter. I made my card specifically for this particular challenge. You had to pick your favorite color (or 2) and tell why. The colors I used are Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow, both retired Stampin' Up products. My reason for choosing these colors can be seen in this photo
Image may contain: 2 people

48 years ago gold and olive green were the colors of the day and I still love them! I'm not so sure my friends were crazy about my choice, however! Aren't they beautiful? I am still friends with them today and I'm still married to that wonderful guy who was crazy enough to marry me! So, for my card...

I CASE'd Mary D's Card and chose to use different DSP from the Serene Scenery pack she used (which is retiring the end of May, along with the Wetlands stamp set). I altered the size of the ovals and the orientation of the sentiment. But best of all is the huge mistake I made...I glued the slim DSP layer on the front inside fold of the card and not on the outside of the fold. Good news is...I had used Tombow glue and realized my mistake immediately. Bad news is...there was glue remaining where I removed the panel and the "Z fold" was adhered to the center front panel. I should send this to Mary so she could get a good laugh. BUT I'm going to keep it for a guy...he'll never notice and will just think it's my style! My style is rectifying goofs!

Thanks for looking!




3 comments:

  1. Okay - I really like your bridesmaid dresses!! Even 48 years later! And your card looks great (thanks for the shout out!) - no one would know there were any "goofs" at all! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary. I made another one just like yours that is in the mail already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Karen. I also love the colour combination. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...