Tuesday, May 23, 2017

It's Official!

Yes, it's official...I have flunked cutting diagonals 101! My friend gave me written instructions today on how to do it and I still couldn't do it. I am a visual person so I guess she needs to do a video :-)

In any event, I am happy with my card.
It's masculine, I hope; it's all Stampin' Up; it's musical;it's based on an inspirational sketch AND it was my choice! So, it was made for these challenges:





The stamp set is Country Livin' and it's my favorite this week because I borrowed it and have to give it back Thursday! The colors are my favorites for masculine cards: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. The sentiment is from Picture Perfect; I added a musical note to it and punched it with a 1" circle punch. The DSP is from This Christmas, which will be gone May 31, if it's not already. I'm so glad SU has come out with a background music stamp. You can be sure I will be making my own DSP! I fussy cut the boots and guitar after coloring them with my SU Early Espresso Watercolor Pencil. I used a sponge dauber to add a little Early Espresso to the Very Vanilla piece. I can't give you measurements because I eye-balled everything for the art piece and diagonal. Like I said, I'm hoping someone will do a video!

Thanks for looking!



15 comments:

  1. Suggestion for a video noted! But - I like how this diagonal strip worked out. It's a cool design element to have it extend over the card front. Might try that, too! This is a wonderful masculine card, Karen - and I love the addition of the pop of sheet music DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary. I hope diagonals will get easier for me. I spent an hour on it and wasted some paper! I need to learn to use scrap!!

      Delete
  2. Karen, OMG, the strip of music paper makes this fun country card ten times better! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week! Crystal, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Crystal. I just love that DSP and will be sad when I've used it all. I have one sheet left. It was my pleasure to participate at SIP.

      Delete
  3. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I am not sure how you flunked diagonal cutting?? It looks pretty awesome to me!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH CREW for our Musical Notes challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. If you could have seen the paper I went through trying to get it to look like that, you would surely understand :-)

      Delete
  4. Looks okay to me too, I cut mine longer than needed use some temp. tape put it in place and trim the ends. wastes a bit of paper but not much. Love your masculine card, it's fab. Thanks for joining the crew at Shopping Our Stash for the Musical Note challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara...guess I'm paranoid. I will get over it now that I know someone else struggles...lol.

      Delete
  5. Love your masculine card Karen!! This is one of my favorite sets for male themed cards. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Karen, when I first saw your card the diagonal musical stripe jumped at me, I love it so I don't know why you say you flunked the diagonal cutting, this one looks perfectly fine to me.
    Love your masculine card with that awesome Country feel, those Cowboy boots are fabulous.
    Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, quit giving yourself a hard time -- this looks just fine! I love the boots... perfect card for a man (or even a woman) who loves country music! That little circle sentiment tops it off! Thank you for sharing this post at Shopping Our Stash this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny! Your card is lovely, in a manly kind of way. LOL! Your water coloring is awesome! I don't think you flunked at all. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I think your diagonals are sensational!! And I'm glad about the sheet music stamp set too. Great project, and just perfect for our masculine challenge. So glad you joined the fun at SUO Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, this is such a fun masculine card! I have to say I like how your diagonal looks. Never thought not to trim it on the edge, but whatever you're doing it looks great! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' or not on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...