Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Retirement or New Job

I have two people in my life who are changing jobs. One is changing from working all day to playing all day; the other is changing from working just about 24/7 to a normal work week!

So, I needed a feminine card and decided to create today's card for the following challenges:



Grab our button

and here's what I came up with...
My card base is Rose Red. My banners are Garden Green and Blushing Bride. The DSP is from Love Blossoms Paper Stack (retired). Her dress is fussy cut from that same DSP, just showing the other side (I do enjoy paper piecing with this stamp!). I colored her hat with Blushing Bride and Garden Green markers. The corners were punched with the retired Corner Trio and the sentiment is stamped in Garden Green. I love the Beautiful You stamp set and I can't believe I waited so long to get it. I ordered it before the retirement list was posted, just in case people snatched up all the sets. Fortunately, it is being carried on to the new upcoming catalog June 1. No matter who receives this card, I'm sure she'll be happy that I'm happy for her!

Thanks for looking.



5 comments:

  1. I love to see all the paper piecing designs that highlight this stamp set so well. Your card is very "happy and feminine" Karen and I'm sure the recipient will love it! Thanks for joining us this week at What Will You Stamp? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail. I wonder how many more dresses I will give her. I always enjoyed paper dolls!

      Delete
  2. Great job with your paper piecing!! This is just a perfect stamp set for that technique, and you did it beautifully! Lucky recipient!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper peicing as well.. I love playing dress up with this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card Karen, I always forget to do paper piecing and this card shows that technique off so well. Thank you for joining the What Will You Stamp? Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...