Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Stampin' Up! Tuscan Vineyard

Yesterday I made a birthday card for our son-in-law. I decided today that I wanted to make another one that I will hand deliver because it is over .9 oz. Mary will get that! So yesterday's will go to someone else.

My inspiration came from the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. Thanks, Jen, for a nice clean sketch.

The Card Concept provided the inspiration for a vintage look based on their photo.

Their challenge is very challenging as there are other rules that you must meet for style and I must comment on the card ahead of me and behind me in the link...my husband had to help me with that one. I get confused between going forward and going backward. I think I used all the styles except for CAS! It's definitely monochromatic!!

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge provided the theme for my card..."masculine".

And now for the great reveal...

All products are Stampin' Up. I made my own DSP using Timeless Textures and Tuscan Vineyard stamp sets with Soft Suede, Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake inks on Very Vanilla cardstock. I used the Layering Ovals for the vineyard...that is my sentiment and our son-in-law will get the message! The image was stamped with Sahara Sand on Very Vanilla and matted to a Sahara Sand oval. My DSP was adhered to a 4  x 5 1/4 Sahara Sand mat which was adhered to a Very Vanilla card base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.

For the inside I took the picture after I had started signing it...so now you know my son-in-law's name. It is also my son's name, my brother's name, was my father's name; it's my daughter's father-in-law's name, his father's name and his father's name so we have Jr.'s, Sr.'s and III's in our family...confused yet?
I used stamps from the Tuscan Vineyard set. The grapes were done with markers in Garden Green and Wisteria Wonder. The corkscrew was stamped off once with Crumb Cake as was the round stamp. The corks are first generation.

OK, so here's the Mary picture!
I added my DSP to the envelope flap. On the front I stamped the wine bottles (or they might be olive oil bottles because there is an olive branch in the set) but I didn't take a photo of that because I felt like I have taken up enough your time and it's time for me to have a glass of vino!

Thanks for looking.





12 comments:

  1. Love the subtle colors, they add to the vintage feel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, what a lot of work you've put into this card! I love the way you've combined the challenges. They compliment each other well. Stamping your own Designer Paper really resulted in a one-of-a-kind piece which works beautifully as a background for the scene from the Tuscan Vineyard set. I love the vintage feel you've achieved. Nicely done. Thanks so much for joining in with our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Karen! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card - I keep getting tempted by this set but so far haven't bought it - I love your own DSP - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific masculine card Karen. I love that you created your own background paper, it's wonderful. The more cards I see with the Tuscan Vineyard set, the more I think I should add it to my collection. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Karen - and super job with your envelope! ;) Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming card and matching envelope, Karen. I think it's both perfect for a guy or gal. Gorgeous stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card...love how you stamped the inside and envelope to match, stunning! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous monochromatic card. Your handmade DSP is fabulous - love the vintage look of it! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, this is a fabulous card! I love your attention to details and how you really did a fabulous job with the masculine theme! Thanks for joining us this week on Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely scene you've created! I love the monochromatic tones to your card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...