Saturday, July 1, 2017

Arsenic and Old Lace

My card for today's challenges had to have something to do with the letter "A" and the sketch challenge and stamp set both began with that! Just Add Ink #366 - Just Add "A" led me to As You See It - Arsenic and Old Lace - Challenge #153 by Amanda.


It has been awhile since I have entered a challenge. However, the other night I held my first class, which was a challenge doing a new technique with 3 newbies. I posted that today in case you want to look.

So for my second post today for the above challenges, here's my card...


The stamp set I used was Avant Garden from Stampin' Up 2017 Sale-A-Bration. The butterflies were pre-cut before I left home, as was the "thanks". I used Bermuda Bay for my card base and flower stamp. 

We are back at my sister-in-law's in Gloversville, NY, so I have time and space to create. This card is for our friend in Keeseville who gave me my first opportunity to teach a "class". She said she doesn't look at my blog unless I post the link in Facebook, so I should be safe showing y'all this!

Thanks for looking.

11 comments:

  1. Very lovely, Karen. Is that Tranquil Tide you've used? It's a very rich colour anyway which acts as the perfect foil for that elegant silver butterfly and it's colourful companion. Thanks so much for joining us again at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Maybe the best one you ever made, in my opinion!!! Gorgeous colors and I love how you used the Avant Garden flower--very clever! Thanks for playing with our sketch...and all the "a"s!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I like the contrasts in your colors with the black sentiment vs the colours. Great layout too. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - this is really really pretty! Love the Avant Garden flowers creating your "lace"! Very nice indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello karen! luv this color combo, so pretty..the butterflies and awesome! I am so glad you played along with the
    As you see it!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Avant Garden flower works so well as the background design and the colour you've chosen is perfect as a rich contrast to your silvery butterfly! I love the water-coloured version of the butterfly as well! Thanks, Karen, for sharing it with us at As You See It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the use of the Avant Garden on the background Karen, and the layering of the gorgeous butterflies is a beautiful touch! Thanks for playing along and supporting us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the effect of Avant garden Karen. It works great for adding detail behind your butterfly....very pretty card. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you cleverly split the white cardstock to create the line behind the butterfly for the sketch. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing at the As you See it Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love butterflies and the design of the card is wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...