Tuesday, July 11, 2017

HOT!

It is so hot and humid in southwest Florida. With that in mind, I decided to make a birthday card that represented that. Global Design Project #095 Theme Challenge 

is about kids. 

What kid doesn't like to stay at a hotel, go to the pool, go to the beach and wear flip flops?



My card base is from Office Max. The direction signs were done on my computer and cut with my trimmer. I sponged them to match the font colors (black, Berry Burst and Tranquil Tide).

From Stampin' Up I used the hardwood background stamp and cut the boards to make it look like a fence. The clouds were done with a Darice embossing folder and the sea grass is from Rubber Stampede. I tore a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock to make it look like a dune. I used Stampin' Up Fresh Fig and Lemon Lime Twist markers to color the flip flops, fussy cut them and adhered them with dimensionals. They are headed to the beach!  

On the inside, I just sponged Sahara Sand, Pool Party and Soft Sky from the bottom up. I used the Colorful Season stamp set for the beach chair and stamped it in Lemon Lime Twist and Fresh Fig. I used Day at the Beach stamp set (retired) for the sand pail/shovel, sun and the flip flops on the front. The sentiment is from the retired 2017 SAB Tasty Trucks.

If I were to remake it, I would place the chair and pail differently. The pail looks so much bigger than the chair! Oh, well, our 9 year-old Godson won't care...he will just want to make sand castles at the beach or his birthday!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love your sign to all the attractions of the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Mary. I almost put a sign pointing to Disney :-)

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...