Sunday, October 15, 2017

Stampin' Up! Painted Autumn DSP

My card today fits three challenges. The sketch is obvious and the alphabet is also obvious. But, what you don't know is how nerve wracking the As You See It challenge was...not because of the shades of orange BUT because I had to set the stopwatch! Yes, the card had to be completed in 10 minutes or less. You could get your supplies out but then the clock had to start ticking on cutting, gluing, coloring and stamping! I finished in 07:58:26!!! In my haste, I got a couple of panels a little wonky but I think it's okay. My card and description follows the three challenges.








My card base is Very Vanilla, cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2". 

My DSP is from Painted Autumn and an unknown scrap. I colored some of the pumpkins with a Peekaboo Peach SU marker. Each panel measures 1" x 3". The Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper (retired) strip measures 5 1/2" x 1/2". I adhered the DSP strips to the card base before I adhered the glimmer paper. 

The hearts are retired Pumpkin Pie enamel doodads (for lack of the real name). The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped in Tangerine Tango on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla, punched with the retired Word Window punch. I adhered it to a scrap of glimmer paper and rounded the corners with a punch from Fiskars. 

These were all fun challenges ... did you set your stopwatch to see how long it took you to read my post? Orange you glad you didn't have to? 

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. That's a really great layout, Karen. Adding in some shading on the pumpkins really added some depth and variation - good idea! Thanks for joining us in our nerve-wracking speed challenge at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the touch of glitter and that pretty designer paper! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! And - brave! I wouldn't even attempt a 10 min card! Good on ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant card for this season and perfect for our pumpkin challenge. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You had me at pumpkins...or maybe the glimmer paper! SO cool that you managed to get it done under the 10-minute time!!! Thanks for sharing this with us for our Speed Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is adorable, luv the design and papers! I am so glad you played along with the
    As you see it!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique design and what a good idea to add some colouring to the DSP to enhance the depth! Love the glimmer. Thanks for risking the stress to try our speed stamping challenge at As You See It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...