Friday, October 13, 2017

Stampin' Up! Ribbon of Courage

My card today is in honor of someone very dear to me. The color of the ribbon is for non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

I had pieces of cardstock and DSP left over from yesterday and a few other odds and ends of Very Vanilla cardstock so I decided to make a card with what was there. Sometimes I put my leftovers away but not always. I'm glad I didn't because Little Red Wagon has a challenge using leftovers!

My card base is Early Espresso, a mat from the Painted Autumn DSP, a mat of Early Espresso, a layer of Old Olive embossed with the Layered Leaves Dynamic TIEF. I used the largest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies to cut a piece of Very Vanilla from one of the scraps and sponged it with Lemon Lime Twist. I stamped the decorative ribbon from Ribbon of Courage in Lemon Lime Twist and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.. Then I used the matching die and cut it out with my Big Shot. I stamped the sentiment using that set and punched it with the Duet Banner Punch. As you can see, I used Lemon Lime Twist ink again.

My scraps are all used up but I'm sure tomorrow I will have more. It's a never ending process!

Thanks for looking!!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen! Love the embossed panel behind your focal image. Great layering too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty - your embossed background is perfect! I love how you've personalized this for your friend - and I know he or she is going to be touched and know the love behind the card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Amy and Mary! I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your friend appreciated your thoughtfulness. Fab card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...