Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Stampin' Up! - Touches of Texture

Today's card is created for three challenges: a sketch; favorite stamp set, ink and paper; as well as the theme...grateful. I hope you will visit all the challenges. The guest designers and design team members are fantastic!

First my card...

TSOT #342 for the sketch...

#GDP107 for the theme...
and  for my favorite stamp set, ink and paper...
As for the theme, I am grateful that our home survived Irma and I didn't lose any Stampin' Up products...only electricity for 5 days!

The colors I used are Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, Garden Green and Elegant Eggplant. I love these colors together, especially on my Rich Razzleberry card base. 

My main vertical strip is from the retired Inside the Lines DSP. I used Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry watercolor pencils and an Elegant Eggplant marker to color the flowers. I blended them with a blender pen. 

The main dragonfly is also from Inside the Lines DSP and I colored it in Elegant Eggplant. That was the greatest DSP if you are into coloring. There were 12 sheets, 3 each of 4 designs, 12 x 12...that's a lot of coloring and I have two packages!! 

The top horizontal strip under the DSP is Always Artichoke and the "banner" strip is Night of Navy. These were both scraps I had saved!

At the top and bottom of the DSP piece, I adhered Garden Green scraps, stamped in Versamark ink with the little flower from Touches of Texture. This is my favorite stamp set because it goes so well with the patterned paper I adore. 

The dragonflies stamped in Versamark on the card base are also from that stamp set. Touches of Texture is a great set as it contains 15 stamps and they are all so pretty...
Touches Of Texture Clear-Mount Stamp Set
You can get a closer look by clicking on the following link Touches of Texture

The sentiment is from Painted Harvest. I only used the last two words on the stamp and inked them up with my Night of Navy marker. The three dots at the bottom right are Glitter Enamel Dots.

I added hand drawn stitches around the sentiment and dragonfly but almost wish I hadn't. Too late, I can't rip them out!

Thanks for looking!!


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Karen! Love the colors that you used and those awesome dragonflies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coloring with wonderful color choices!! Pretty card, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Amy and Mary. I appreciate your stopping by but I'm not sure you see my reply! Blogger is strange as it sends my reply to my gmail.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...