Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Stampin' Up! Birthday Delivery

My card today makes me happy! I made it to celebrate a friend's birthday next week. She lives in my community and this little girl reminds me of how "can't mention her name" would have looked as a little girl. The poodle reminds me of a poodle skirt she would have worn...maybe!



This card was really easy to make using just one bundle! See the product list below. I'm not including the glue or die cutting machine because you can check my other posts or my online store for those!

My card base is Powder Pink 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2". The inside uses a Whisper White mat 4" x 5 1/4" and the DSP is 3 3/4" x 5".

On the outside I stamped the birthday hat and present in Powder Pink directly on the card base. From the Birthday Memories DSP, I die cut the poodle, balloons, banner (after stamping it in Pacific Point), little girl and the bouquet she is holding behind her back. Before I die cut the girl, I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black, colored her hair, hands and legs with the new Blends (Ivory, Crumb Cake and Daffodil Delight). I dotted her dress with the light Night of Navy blend to make it look like the dress on the DSP. I also colored the bouquet with watercolor pencils after stamping it in Memento Tuxedo Black and die cutting.

For the inside, I die cut the Happy Birthday twice...once in Whisper White and once in Powder Pink and adhered them to each other with spray glue. After snipping the words apart, I adhered them to the DSP mat, cockeyed (more artistic expression would be asymetrically, I guess)! I die cut the girl out of the DSP and raised her up with dimensionals and placed her on the sentiment at an angle (smile). I got my inspiration for the inside from Melanie Coverton. The rest just came to me as I was looking at the stamps and dies. I can't wait to make another card with this set. It is so versatile and fun. Please check back to see what I do with it!

I will stick a note inside as I didn't want to write on the card in case she wants to send it to someone else OR keep it on display. Of course, you know what I'm hoping for!  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and hope you enjoyed my card.

Products used for the card:


2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! I'm sure that she'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Amy...haven't heard yet...hopefully she received it!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...